13 May 2007

When the cat's away...

Why not organise a last minute Eurovision party?

Berenice, Sam, Jane, Geert and Jessica (as seen in the photo below) broke out the beer and wine and scorecards for Eurovision 2007.















I was quite disappointed that Sweden or France didn't win, as I gave them the full 12 points on my scorecard, or even the Ukraine who scored (on my scorecard) 3 x 12 and 1 x 11.

We judged (through wine/beer/port goggles) the competitors on song, performance, dance routine and outfit but the official judging from the voting public around Europe phoned in for neighbouring countries and/or largest number of expats in country. No surprises there. Serbia, and in Terry Wogan's words, not the glamour girl of the competition, won. I didn't like the entry, but then again, I didn't pick up my phone and officially vote.

Thanks Eurovisioners for postponing dinner and a film in Antwerpen, the yummy bread, the cake, the wine and the company! And here's counting down to Eurovision 2008.

No comments: